Drivers can continue to expect road closures and detours as they travel from Fillmore Street to Stirling Road on US 441/State Road Seven. The cost will be $29.6 million and the project should be completed by Spring 2019. The ongoing project contains many improvements, including:
- adding one through lane in each direction for a total of six lanes with left turn lanes separated by raised medians
- constructing new storm sewer system and retention ponds
- installing new water and sewer lines
- constructing bus bays at current bus stop locations; constructing curbs and gutters
- adding or replacing sidewalks with ADA compliant ramps on both sides of the road
- upgrading existing signalized intersections with mast arms and add pedestrian countdown timers at Johnson Street, Taft Street, and Sheridan Street
- installation of new signalized intersection and pedestrian countdown timers at Fillmore Street
- improving street lighting along the corridor by installing new lighting system along the west side of SR 7/US 441
- adding Intelligent Transportation System components including digital message signs and traffic monitoring cameras, and
- resurfacing the roadway.
For additional information, contact Hollywood Public Works at 954 967 4526 or via Email.