Construction work has begun on the $22.8 million Royal Poinciana Neighborhood Utility Project as part of Hollywood’s continuing effort to provide and maintain high quality utility services for its residents.
The Department of Public Utilities has contracted Lanzo Construction Company to begin installing new water mains and a new sewer system in the Royal Poinciana neighborhood.
Project Scope Includes:
- Replacing 84,600 linear feet of water mains (various sizes) within Sheridan St. and Hollywood Blvd., from US1 to N 21st Avenue
- Replacing 1,135 water service lines (within public right-of-way)
- Installing 26,310 linear feet of sanitary sewer mains within Sheridan St. and Taft Street, from US1 to N 21st Avenue
- Installing 2,800 linear feet of sanitary forcemain
- Installing a central sanitary sewer lift Station
- Restoring pavement marking and striping
Work will be completed in phases with a completion goal of December 2022 and will take place from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. between Sheridan Street and Hollywood Boulevard and from US1 to N 21st Avenue. Phase I began on August 7 on 19th Avenue and Sheridan Street in the direction of Taylor Street.
Residents are asked to avoid parking and or placing any personal items within the work zone and the public right-of-way during construction to avoid possible damage. During the course of this project, traffic will be re-routed as necessary to accomplish the work. Access to the project area may be limited at times.
For questions on Phase I of this project, please contact Bobby Bucci (Lanzo Construction Co., Florida) at (954)719-5955 or Wilhelmina Montero (City of Hollywood) at (954)921-3930. For questions regarding the overall project, please contact Wilhelmina Montero, P.E., Project Manager, City of Hollywood, Department of Public Utilities at (954)921-3930 or email [email protected]
City of Hollywood Public Utilities representatives are scheduled to attend the Downtown Parkside Royal Poinciana Civic Association meeting on Tuesday, September 3rd, to present details on entire project and address any questions. The meeting will be held at the Fred Lippman Multi-Purpose Community Center, 2030 Polk Street. at 7:00 p.m. All residents are encouraged to attend.