JOB TITLE: Director of Programs and Events
ORGANIZATION: Greater Hollywood Chamber of Commerce
Reports to CEO/Executive Director
The Greater Hollywood Chamber of Commerce represents local business interests, promotes economic growth, provides leadership in community affairs and delivers services and programs for its business members.
The Greater Hollywood Chamber of Commerce seeks an experienced, self-motivated, talented and dynamic individual to serve as a Director of Programs and Events to head the programs and events division of the Chamber. Minimum of 3 years experience in planning and execution of event fundraisers and programs required.
The Director of Programs and Events is responsible for overseeing Chamber programs such as but not limited to monthly Breakfasts, Leadership Hollywood, SPARK Hollywood, Teacher of the Year Luncheon, Legislative Update Luncheon and fundraising events such as but not limited to Annual Board Installation and Business Leaders of the Year Luncheon, Annual Grapes for Grades, Golf Tournament etc…ensuring that each event is of the highest quality and represents well the Greater Hollywood Chamber of
Commerce. The Director of Programs will manage volunteers and staff for those events, oversee all marketing and be responsible for all details of the operations as well as for meeting budget expectations.
Leadership Hollywood Program
– Oversee the Chamber’s nine month premiere program so that the curriculum remains relevant and financial goals are achieved. Work closely with bookkeeping to make sure invoices are done correctly and revenues acknowledged appropriately.
– Recruit class participants.
– Update all promotional materials including print, social media and e-blasts.
– Recruit, motivate and retain volunteers. Work with volunteers to coordinate all Leadership Hollywood days, speakers, meals, locations and transportation.
– Keep class participants and alumni informed.
– Recruit and coordinate Community projects for the class.
– Coordinate and manage all aspect of Leadership Hollywood Annual graduation ceremonies.
Good Morning Hollywood Monthly Breakfast
Good Morning Hollywood Monthly Breakfast is an opportunity for members to get together and hear some important information about a topic relevant to the business community or from a speaker with critical information. The breakfast typically takes place on the 2nd Friday of the month.
– Coordinate the Chamber’s monthly Good Morning Hollywood Breakfast. Identify venues and negotiate contracts, recruit speakers and sponsors. Responsible for all communications and marketing of the events. On location point person, supervises staff during events; coordinate registration, write program script and responsible for all aspect of the event wrap up.
Responsible for all aspects of the Chamber’s Fundraising events including the Annual Board Installation and Business Leaders of the Year Luncheon, Grapes for Grades, Golf Tournament etc… working with the CEO for sponsorships and making sure financial goals are met.
– Identify venues, and negotiate contracts.
– Responsible for all communications and marketing strategies for the events.
– Oversee and coordinate to meet the respective requirements of each event including but not limited to ad sales, Holes sales, sponsorships, donations, silent auction, program books, technical aspects, awards, menus, scripts, logistics, volunteer trainings and assignments, attendance, staff involvement and responsibilities.
– Wrap up of all events with thank you notes and financial reporting of the event. Work closely with bookkeeping to make sure invoices are done correctly and revenues acknowledged appropriately.
Salary and Benefits:
Range $45k -$55K / year depending on experience and excellent benefits. Must be able to lift 40 lbs. and stand on feet for long periods of time.
Email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org