The Department of Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts has begun formulating the 2030 Parks Master Plan, and the City of Hollywood leaders want to know what city residents want from their parks and recreation program.
Over the next few days, there will be several 2030 Park Master Plan Community Meetings.
All residents are invited to participate in this master planning process by sharing their ideas at the community meetings planned for February.
Each meeting will be facilitated by Barth and Associates and will include a brief presentation followed by an ideas sharing session.
The meetings will take place at the following locations:
• Fred Lippman Multi-Purpose Center 2030 Polk Street 10:30 am to 12:00 pm
• Boulevard Heights Community Center 6770 Garfield Street 2 to 3:30 pm
• Driftwood Community Center 3000 N. 69th Avenue 6:30 to 8 pm
• Hollywood Beach Culture and Community Center 1301 South Ocean Drive 7:30 to 9 am
• Kay Gaither Community Center 6291 Funston Street 10 to 11 am
• Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Center 2400 Charleston Street 6:30 to 8 pm
• Washington Park Community Center 5199 Pembroke Road 10 to 11:30 am
• Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Advisory Board Meeting David Park Community Center 108 N 33rd Court 6:30 to 8:30 pm
As a first step in the master planning process for the city’s Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts (PCRA) ‘Master Plan 2030’, members of PRCA Advisory Board are urging concerned citizens to bring ideas, thoughts and feedback to any of the scheduled public workshops in February 2020.
The purpose of the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Advisory Board is to promote the programs of the department. This includes parks, recreation, cultural arts, athletics, special events and golf operations. The Board identifies specific goals and objectives annually, providing input into ongoing capital improvement projects and community needs as they relate to the function of the department.
For more information, contact David Vazquez, Interim Director of Parks, Recreation & Cultural Arts, Staff Liaison at 954.921.3404.