The Broward Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) is investing over $300 million to create safer, healthier communities in Broward County. In partnership with the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), the MPO is enhancing bicycle, pedestrian, and public transportation access. Below is a summary of the projects underway in the City of Hollywood.
The 14th Avenue Mobility Improvement Project area includes 14th Avenue from Atlantic Shores Boulevard in Hallandale Beach to Sheridan Street in Hollywood. This $2,099,354 improvement project includes:
- Widening the roadway to accommodate bicycle lanes on 14th Avenue, Arthur Street and Harding Street
- Adding shared lane pavement markings along 14th Avenue and Harding Street to enhance the safe travel of bicycles and motor vehicles in the same traffic lane.
- Installing a shared-use path (off-road path) on Polk Street and 14th Avenue.
- Contractors will be on-site Monday through Friday between 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Saturdays between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- Widening the roadways along the corridor will enhance safety by providing distance separation between the travel way and existing landscaping.
- Access to property driveways will be maintained during construction.
- Select trees will be removed from the public right-of-way within the construction zone to accommodate drainage improvements and the new bike lanes. Upon the completion of construction, additional landscaping will be installed by the City of Hollywood.
- Lane closures will occur overnight, Sunday through Thursday between 7:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m., and Friday through Saturday between 7:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m., only one direction at ta time.
- Flagging operations may be needed during these closures.
FDOT awarded the contract to the Acosta Tractors Inc. Construction began January 13, 2020 and is anticipated to be completed by Spring 2021. Additional information about lane closures and construction work hours will be provided in the weekly traffic report distributed by FDOT. PROJECT SCOPEPDFPDF Download
Sign up to receive project updates from FDOT via email, please email [email protected]