The $3,049,774 million dollar Mobility Improvement Project includes:
- Installing bike lanes on Hollywood Boulevard and Park Road
- Adding shared lane pavement markings along 35th Ave, Polk Street, Rainbow Drive, Circle Drive, and Van Buren Street
- Installing sidewalks along Fillmore Street, Hollywood Boulevard, and the intersection of Polk Street and Van Buren at 24th Avenue
- Adding mid-block crossing on Hollywood Boulevard, east of 28th Avenue
- Relocating existing water main lines on the north side of Hollywood Boulevard
- Adding french drains on Hollywood Boulevard between Academy Circle and 35th Avenue, and on Park Road between Washington Street and Johnson Street.
- The outside westbound lanes along Hollywood Boulevard from 35th Street to Presidential Academy Circle will be closed during construction.
- One lane in each direction of Park Road, from Washington Street to Johnson Street will be closed during constriction. Only one direction at a time.
- Lane closures will occur overnight, Sunday through Thursday between 9 p.m. and 5:30 a.m and Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. during the construction period.
Additional lane closure information will be provided in the weekly traffic report distributed by FDOT. PROJECT SCOPEPDFPDF Download
Construction began on July 10, 2019 and is anticipated to be completed by Fall 2020.