To help curb the impact school closures will have on our community, Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) is offering free child care for essential BCPS employees and BCPS families of emergency first responders and medical personnel. Verification will require a BCPS student number and/or a student ID badge. Child care will be available from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. from March 16 – 20, for kids from Pre-K through eighth grade, at the following elementary schools:
Lakeside Elementary School
900 NW 136 Avenue
Pembroke Pines, FL 33028
Hollywood Hills Elementary School
3501 Taft Street
Hollywood, FL 33021
Orange Brook Elementary School
715 South 46 Avenue
Hollywood, FL 33021
Country Isles Elementary School
2300 Country Isles Road
Weston, FL 33326
Fox Trail Elementary School
1250 Nob Hill Road
Davie, FL 33324
Stephen Foster Elementary School
3471 SW 22 Street
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
Discovery Elementary School
8800 NW 54 Court
Sunrise, FL 33351
Eagle Ridge Elementary School
11500 Westview Drive
Coral Springs, FL 33076
Norcrest Elementary School
3951 NE 16 Avenue
Pompano Beach, FL 33064
Educating Today’s Students to Succeed in Tomorrow’s World
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cost?
• Services will be free for all eligible medical and emergency response employees and BCPS staff.
Who will staff the program?
• Current before and after school child care workers, who have the proper clearance and training, will be providing child care services at each site.
What about security?
• Broward County Public Schools, in cooperation with some of our municipal partners, will provide security to each site.
What about breakfast and lunch?
• Please plan on providing breakfast, lunch and a snack for Monday, March 16. The District’s Food and Nutrition Services is making arrangements to provide breakfast and lunch for the remainder of the week. Parents with children in the child care program will be kept informed of all food service updates.
How will emergency services and medical professionals register their children for the program?
• Online registration is now available and can be accessed by using a computer (cell phone not supported) through this link: pdms1.browardschools.com/fmi/webd/covid-19. Technical support is available from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. by calling 754-321-3314.
• If a parent does not sign up online, the parent may register their child on-site at
their chosen location on Monday morning, March 16.
• Parents will be asked to verify employment at the school site Monday morning.
• Parents will also be asked to verify their child is a registered BCPS student or attends a BCPS sponsored charter school. Verification will require a BCPS student number and/or a student ID badge.
• If a student has known medical conditions, the parent must be ready to provide information so that program staff can offer the appropriate support to the student.
• If a parent does not sign up online, the parent may register their child on-site at their chosen location on Monday morning, March 16.
Will the schools have enough supplies and materials?
• Yes, each of the sites has been providing child care services after school and is already set up with supplies, materials and staff to support the program. The District will continue to support any ongoing needs.
Will there be a nurse at each location?
• A nurse may be provided based on the medical needs of registered students.
What are the dates and times that the program operates?
• The child care program operates from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. from Monday, March 16 – Friday, March 20, at no cost to eligible students.
• Parents will need to pick up their children on time or face possible fines for late pick up.
• The program will not run during spring break, which is March 23 – 27, as that has been a scheduled time off in the District calendar.
• Further opportunities will be determined as the COVID-19 response progresses.