The construction phase of the Complete Streets project on Davie Road Extension from University Drive to Stirling Road is underway. This Complete Streets Project will include:
• Relocating the existing mid-block pedestrian signal from NW 74th Avenue to NW 75th Avenue.
• Milling & Resurfacing asphalt pavement and roadway widening to construct bicycle lanes.
• Sidewalk work including ADA improvements at cross walks.
• Installed new landscaping throughout the corridor.
Long term lane closures and detours will not be required for the project. The contractor will maintain a single lane of traffic to complete milling and resurfacing operations and will shift and maintain two lanes of traffic to construct bike lanes and shoulders. Broward County is managing the construction of this project and the contractor is General Asphalt Company, Inc. During construction, contractor personnel & inspection staff will work closely with residents and business owners in the construction area to minimize the impacts. For concerns or emergencies please contact:
Contractor: General Asphalt, Inc.
• Richard Mckenzie, Project Manager,
• Carlos Velasquez, Project Superintendent,
Construction Engineering & Inspection Services:
• Tom Muzicka PE, Project Manager,
• Martin Montoya, Sr. Engineering Inspector,