Latest posts by David Volz (see all)
- Four Broward County schools, two in Hollywood, celebrate first day Aug. 9 - August 17, 2017
- Hollywood Hills football team preps for season; head coach considers female for quarterback - August 17, 2017
- Strong South Broward Bulldogs prep for upcoming season - August 11, 2017
If you want to have some fun on the nation’s birthday, come to Hollywood Beach on Monday, July 4, 2016 to enjoy the annual Star-Spangled Spectacular 4th of July Celebration. Sponsored by the City of Hollywood Department of Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts and the Hollywood Community Redevelopment Agency-Beach District, this annual event features entertainment beginning at 2:00 p.m., highlighted by a dazzling offshore fireworks display at 9:00 p.m.
The afternoon is packed with entertainment along the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk:
- DJ and Gamesmaster Tony Mixx from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. beachside at Connecticut Street.
- 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., the beachside stage at Connecticut Street will feature live music performances by High Tolerance
- 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., Ploomie & the Steel Harmonix will perform at the Beach Theatre Stage at the Johnson Street Plaza.
- 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Fun Zone Activities at the Johnson Street Plaza.
- Official Welcome at the beachside stage at 7:15 p.m.
- 9:00 p.m. dazzling offshore fireworks display.
Personal fireworks, sparklers, glass containers, coolers, and barbecues are prohibited on the beach and could be confiscated by Hollywood Police. Picnicking is permitted on the sandy beach only between Sherman and Custer streets as well as within Charnow Park at Garfield Street, Keating Park at Magnolia Terrace, and Harry Berry Park at Azalea Terrace.