Latest posts by David Volz (see all)
- Four Broward County schools, two in Hollywood, celebrate first day Aug. 9 - August 17, 2017
- Hollywood Hills football team preps for season; head coach considers female for quarterback - August 17, 2017
- Strong South Broward Bulldogs prep for upcoming season - August 11, 2017
On July 22, Parkview at Hillcrest held an opening celebration and homes are now on the market. The development, when complete, will include 645 homes. Of this number, 340 will be townhomes and 305 will be single family homes. There are 12 floor plans available and homes can be customized.
The land was previously a golf course, so it there’s room for a 70-acre park with three miles of walking and bicycle trails. A children’s playground and a planned dog park are also in the works, in addition to a swimming pool, two clubhouses, and a fitness center. There will be four tennis courts, an activities room, a gathering room and BBQ grills. It is a gated community with a homeowners’ association that will provide lawn care.
This is considered the only new major development in Hollywood. It is near major roadways, the beach and airport and stores and restaurants. So far, about 60 homes have been sold and are expected to be closed in September. That is when the first homes should be complete. A single townhome can be purchased for just over $300,000. Single family homes start about around $415,000 and to up to $485,000 but prices are fluctuating.
“These homes are surrounded by plenty of green space and the community is a good location. We can totally personalize a home,” said Sean McCabe, a sales consultant at Parkview at Hillcrest.
The single-family homes open for tours:
- The two-story, 1,963-square-foot Alexander has three bedrooms, 2 ½ baths and a two-car garage. It features a spacious loft, ample storage space, and connected kitchen, café and gathering areas.
- The 2,220-square-foot Sienna has three bedrooms, 2½ bathrooms, and a two-car garage. It maximizes its two-story design with an open kitchen, naturally lit café area, spacious gathering rooms and sizable loft.
- The two-story, 2,679-square-foot Riverwalk has four bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms and a two-car garage. Riverwalk has a Pulte Planning Center, large gathering room, covered lanai and an upstairs loft.
The townhomes open for viewing:
- The 1,896-square-foot Raritan has three bedrooms, two bathrooms with a two-car garage. It features an open layout with connected kitchen, dining and gathering areas.
- At just under 2,000 square feet, the Brookstream has three bedrooms, 2 ½ bathrooms and a two-car garage. The layout features a large kitchen island overlooking the café and gathering room.
Parkview at Hillcrest is located at 1101 Hillcrest Dr. For more information about Pulte Homes, visit www.pulte.com.