Latest posts by David Volz (see all)
- City considers P3 proposal to redevelop 105 acres of Orangebrook Golf Course - April 27, 2017
- Commission OKs dumpster rules, funds auto parts, drug treatment - April 26, 2017
- County vice mayor addresses city leaders - April 25, 2017
The Diplomat Beach Resort in Hollywood is in the midst of a $100 million renovation that will bring celebrity chefs and new restaurants to Hollywood. The project includes renaming of the hotel, previously known as the Diplomat Resort and Spa.
Project plans call for the renovation of 1,000 rooms, a newly refurbished lobby, improvements to the pool and other areas of the hotel, including new food and beverage outlets.
New restaurants include the Monkitail, featuring celebrity chef Michael Schulson’s take on Japanese-inspired fare. The restaurant will open in early 2017 and offer craft cocktails, sake and a hidden karaoke bar.
Point Royal, from well-known chef Geoffrey Zakarian, will also open in 2017 and will highlight Coastal-American fare, including modern seafood dishes and a traditional raw bar.
Among eateries already open include Bristol’s Burgers, which also offers salads and shakes, and Portico, with light Italian fare and beer, wine and cocktails. Other restaurants, including the well-known Diplomat Prime, have been renovated.
“This is a major redevelopment of our hotel and we’re very proud of our efforts,” said Ed Walls, general manager of Diplomat Beach Resort. “We’re placing a strong emphasis on restaurants and food.”
Thanksgiving at the Diplomat Beach Resort
· Bristol’s will run two specials on Thanksgiving, including the THANKSGIVING TURKEY BURGER with Brussels sprout slaw, butternut squash mayo, cranberry-ginger relish and a PUMPKIN PIE MILKSHAKE with candied pecans, maple-cinnamon whipped cream and pumpkin ice cream.
· Diplomat Prime is offering a Thanksgiving Dinner Plate that includes Heritage Turkey Roasted Breast, Leg and Thigh Confit, Whipped potato, Brussels Sprouts, Cranberry-Orange Compote and Smoked Giblet Gravy. Chef is also offering a 3 course Thanksgiving meal ($110 per person) that is plated for the table.
- WATERCRESS SALAD
with Marcona Almonds, Preserved Mango, Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette
- ROASTED BEETS
with Crème Fraîche, Wild Arugula, Pine Nuts
- MAINE SCALLOPS
with Local Pork Belly, cannellini Bean Ragout, Apricot Jam
- HERITAGE TURKEY
with Slow Roasted Breast, Leg and Thigh Confit, and Smoked Giblet Gravy
- WHIPPED POTATOES
- CRANBERRY-ORANGE COMPOTE
- CREAMED SPINACH
with Parmesan Breadcrumbs
- CRISPY BRUSSELS SPROUTS
with Maple Vinaigrette, Shaved Apple
- PUMPKIN PIE
with Chantilly Cream, Spiced Pecans
Click here to reserve a table.