Latest posts by Hollywood Gazette (see all)
- Hollywood Brewing Co. hosts BrewMaster competition - August 16, 2017
- Love dogs and books? The Humane Society of Broward County introduces new reading program for youth - August 16, 2017
- Hollywood Jaycees assist kids in need with Back-To-School Shopping Spree - August 11, 2017
Spark Hollywood, a coalition of local organizations focused on growing and supporting the technology sector and entrepreneurs in Hollywood, announced that it is hosting its first “start-up competition,” called Spark Hollywood, from 5 to 8 p.m., May 11, at Hollywood’s ArtsPark, 1 Young Circle.
Spark Hollywood is an event that promotes innovation and entrepreneurship for local inventors, entrepreneurs and small businesses. The event will feature a “quick pitch” competition where entrepreneurs and start-up business vie for cash and in-kind prizes.
Spark Hollywood has three main objectives:
- Provide a quick-pitch competition for selected contestants to pitch their idea or invention to a panel of judges to win prizes.
- Provide an opportunity for start-ups to showcase their ideas, inventions and products during a “trade show” open to the public.
- Provide an opportunity for early-stage entrepreneurs to learn about resources available in the City of Hollywood and South Florida while networking with potential investors and experts who may help grow their venture.
Entrepreneurs and start-up ventures will compete by giving a three-minute presentation of their innovative idea/business to a panel of judges comprising local investors and business professionals. In addition, state senator Jeremy Ring, former CEO of Vivana and advisor at venture capital firm Sterling Partners and one of the first east coast executives for Yahoo!, will speak and share his experience on investing in and growing a tech company. He will also review the state of the tech environment in South Florida.
Spark Hollywood is co-sponsored by the City of Hollywood, the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, and was created by Leadership Hollywood class 41. To register for the competition or for more information, visit www.sparkhollywoodfl.com, or contact Brian Rademacher, firstname.lastname@example.org, 954-921-3201, or Marie Suarez, email@example.com, 954-923-4000, Ext. 117.