Latest posts by Jennifer Love (see all)
- Missouri transplant takes community challenge to invite neighbors to a potluck; over 30 show up to welcome her family to Hollywood Hills - August 14, 2017
- Hollywood resident Zak Meyers recognized for work in Haiti; awarded scholarship - May 11, 2017
- Free pet photos with Santa offered at VCA Hollywood Animal Hospital on Dec. 17 - October 27, 2016
Hollywood residents can now access information on every single remodeling and construction project that has taken place over the past ten years through BuildZoom’s Permit Mapping project
Today, BuildZoom announced the release of its building permit map in Hollywood – the first application of its kind to provide homeowners with details on every home improvement project in their neighborhood, including a summary of the work, how much it cost and who did the work.
The map can be accessed here: https://www.buildzoom.com/map/hollywood-fl
People simply key in their address and can instantly see the details of what’s happening to homes in their neighborhood. Additional features allow users to filter by project type (e.g. electrical, solar) and cost. Through the map, people can also learn about the contractors who have worked in their neighborhoods.
The Permit Mapping project is part of BuildZoom’s broader initiative, to improve the consumer experience in the remodeling and construction industry, which lacks transparency and accountability.
Additional facts about the BuildZoom Permit Map:
- It provides access to information on over 85 million permitted improvements in the US.
- The information is collected from over 600 building permit departments (500 cities and 100 counties).
- Permits are matched to our database of over 3.5 million licensed contractors.
- Currently, 1 million visitors come to BuildZoom each month for information on contractors and remodeling projects.
To learn more about the Permit Mapping project and see some of the ways people are using it already, visit: http://blog.buildzoom.com/building-permit-map