Local artists are invited to help transform downtown Hollywood street intersections and crosswalks in works of art.
The Hollywood Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) is currently seeking proposals from artists and graphic designers to submit their original two-dimensional intersection and crosswalk design.
Entry requirements and other details are as follows:
– The design should be an abstract, repeating pattern that is easily translated into a stencil.
– Shapes must be solid colors; no gradients.– The color palette will be limited to the colors featured on the Streetbrick – XL Color Card.
– Crosswalk design must be clearly identified as a pedestrian walkway.
– Artwork must be based on a six foot wide crosswalk.
– The design may be modified for ease of application.
– This project is functional public art and will serve the purpose of providing a safe and beautiful street enhancement.
– Each artist may only submit one design for consideration.
Artists are strongly encouraged to visit the proposed project site for each crosswalk.
– Van Buren Street & 19th Avenue
– Van Buren Street & 20th Avenue
– Polk Street & 19th Avenue
– Polk Street & 20th Avenue
The downtown Hollywood Mural Review Committee will review all submitted applications and make the final selections. Criteria are based on artistic excellence, creativity and adherence to the entry requirements. The winning designers will each receive a payment of $1,000.00 for the purchase and use of their artwork.
This project is open to all artists and graphic designers 18 years of age and older currently residing in Florida. The deadline for applications is Thursday, November 1, 2018.
Winning applicants will be contacted by Monday, December 1, 2018. To view the color card and download the application form and design template visit http://www.hollywoodcra.org/